Do you have an innovative idea how to recycle discarded glass in order to help conserve nature and reduce the global volume of waste glass?
What would you create out of 50 tonnes of waste bottles?
How would you reuse a whole container of discarded storage jars?
What do we do with huge piles of waste packaging glass? If you have an ingenious answer to these questions, enter it to win the first prize of 1,000 Euros!
Post a photograph or a video clip of your idea, or alternativelly, illustrate it with a drawing or a plan. We are looking forward to your suggestions as we strive to raise the awareness of possible uses of large amounts of discarded glass which should not become a mere waste but obtain a new practical value.
Looking forward to your innovative ideas until 25 October!
Museum of Architecture and Design and Steklarna Hrastnik, the sponsor of the 26th Biennal of Design are announcing an Instagram concept competition #GlassRepurpose.
Steklarna Hrastnik is a socially responsible company, therefore the following question is in order: what happens to these products after they have outlived their original intended use and their lifecycle is completed? What new value or information can a large quantities of old glass bottles create?
The key challenge participants will have to face is to develop new ways of repurposing glass packaging, and to present them to us in a thirty-second video or in a photo. We are looking for original, out-of-the-ordinary ideas conforming to the principles of sustainable development and with market potential. The winner will be decided by a panel of judges composed of Matevž Čelik Vidmar of MAO, Mateja Š. Dimic of Steklarna Hrastnik, and Erika Oblak of Ecologists Without Borders.
The competition is aimed at architects, designers, photographers, and anyone else interested in this topic. Entries will be accepted until October 25th, 2019, after which the three best entries will be chosen by the judges. The winner will be announced on social media platforms after the BIO opening ceremony on November 14th, 2019. The winning entrant will receive a €1,000 prize, and the first and second runners-up will be mentioned in the media. All winners will also receive a symbolic ‘Steklarna Hrastnik Experience’ award.
If you want to share your idea, tag it with #GlassRepurpose, also tag @mao_slovenia, upload it to your Instagram profile, and enter our competition!
RULES OF THE #GlassRepurpose INSTAGRAM COMPETITION
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Download the Instagram app for iPhone or Android to your phone.
2. Follow @mao_slovenia on Instagram.
3. Snap your original photo or record a thirty-second video clip in line with the theme of #GlassRepurpose.
4. Upload the photo or video clip to Instagram, tag it with #GlassRepurpose, and also tag @mao_slovenia.
5. Make sure your profile is set to public, or else the competition organizer will not be able to access your photos.
6. Throughout the competition (from September 1st to October 25th, 2019), participants may upload up to five photos or video clips to compete for prizes.
By posting their photos tagged with #GlassRepurpose, the participants automatically accept the terms and conditions of the competition.
Terms and Conditions of the Competition
The #GlassRepurpose competition runs from September 1st to October 25th, 2019.
The jury will select the three best entries. The winning entry will receive a €1,000 prize, and the first and second runners-up will have the opportunity to be mentioned in the media and a symbolic ‘Steklarna Hrastnik Experience’ award.
1. In order to be eligible for competition, each photo or video clip posted must be tagged with #GlassRepurpose and @mao_slovenia in the text input box.
2. Your Instagram profile must be set to public.
3. Each participant enters his or her own photo or video clip; joint submissions or submissions from associations, companies, or organizations will also be accepted.
4. Entrants can post up to five photos or video clips submitted at any point during the competition period.
5. The competition is open to individuals age eighteen or over, excluding the competition jury members or employees of the organizer (MAO) or the competition sponsor (Steklarna Hrastnik, družba za proizvodnjo steklenih izdelkov, d.o.o.).
6. By entering the competition, you agree that, if chosen, your photos or video clips can be displayed on the competition organizers’ social media platforms.
Following the end of the competition, the jury will meet in November. The jury members are: Matevž Čelik Vidmar, MAO; Mateja Š. Dimic, Steklarna Hrastnik; and Erika Oblak, Ecologists Without Borders.
The jury will review all photos and video clips and select the three best entries, whereby the winning entry will receive a prize in the amount of €1,000, and the first and second runners-up honorable mention in the media. All winners will also receive a symbolic ‘Steklarna Hrastnik Experience’ award.
WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT AND PRIZE-GIVING:
The three best entries (photos or video clips) will be published on the Instagram profile of the organizer (@mao_slovenia), on the organizer’s website (mao.si), and on other social media platforms.
The creators of the prizewinning photos and video clips will have to contact the organizer by e-mail (to: firstname.lastname@example.org
) within four days from the announcement of winners, and, per the organizer’s instructions, provide the following personal data: full name, address, taxpayer identification number, e-mail address, phone number, and a link to their Instagram profile, which will be used by the organizer to contact them.
The winner will receive his or her prize money after 14 November 2019.
If any winner fails to contact the organizer after the winner announcement, or fails to accept the prize in person, it shall be deemed that he or she waives his or her right to the prize money.
Read more about #Glass Repurpose Terms And Conditions on this link.